Houston is one of only a handful of cities in the country with two international airports, and one of them just garnered some global recognition.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport is ranked the 6th best airport in the world in a new report by Cabin Crew HQ, an aviation industry website. The report looked at a series of metrics to rank airports around the globe, including percentage of on-time flights, parking fees, variety of restaurants and retail, and overall passenger traffic.
According to Cabin Crew HQ, 78.2% of flights through Bush Airport are on time and the airport has relatively low parking fees while maintaining a high number of restaurants (112) and shops (114).
“Each airport offers something the other doesn’t. This list comprises the world’s most economical, timely and shopper-friendly airports,” the site said in the report.
Passenger traffic at the two airports was up 15% in the first five months of this year compared with the same period a year ago. Bush airport experienced a 17% increase in traffic while Hobby rose 9.4% year-over-year.
The top 10 best airports, according to the 2023 report, are:
- No. 1 – Tokyo International Airport
- No. 2 – Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- No. 3 – O-Hare International Airport
- No. 4 – Mexico City International Airport
- No. 5 – Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- No. 6 – George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- No. 7 – Indira Gandhi International Airport
- No. 8 – Denver International Airport
- No. 9 – Istanbul International Airport
- No. 10 – Charlotte Douglas International Airport