Let's Make Tomorrow Together
To assist in telling Houston’s story to a wide audience, Houston First works both independently and alongside partners on special projects and initiatives.
One of the largest of these projects is the transformation of a full city block in the Houston Theater District into the Lynn Wyatt Square for the Performing Arts. This dynamic new park opening in 2023 will engage visitors with lush gardens, performance space, a restaurant and much more.
Another major initiative is the annual Comicaplooza pop-culture convention held at the George R. Brown Convention Center each summer. Houston First owns and produces the annual show that draws more than 25,000 participants to downtown during Memorial Day weekend.
Houston First also collaborates on film and video productions such as the 2022 seasons of Top Chef and The Bachelor and works in conjunction with local organizing committees for major events such as the 2017 Super Bowl and the 2023 NCAA Men’s Final Four.
Additional events include:
- Houston Theater Week (promoting the resident performing arts companies of the Houston Theater District)
- Party on the Plaza (seasonal concert series on Avenida Houston)
- CityLights (downtown holiday lighting display)
- State of the City (annual mayoral address)
- Heritage months and cultural days of significance