By participating in the 8-week Hospitality Industry Diversity and Inclusion Internship Program, college-level students not only get paid for their work, but also develop a first-hand understanding of the industry through our comprehensive Education & Enrichment series. The series includes:
- In-depth orientation with company executives
- Lunch-and-learn presentations facilitated by staff or guest speakers
- Participation at business meetings
Additionally, interns have an opportunity to take part in behind-the-scenes tours of HFC facilities, networking events, and group outings.
Program dates: June 14 - Aug. 6
Compensation: This is a paid internship, but interns are responsible for their own travel, housing, food, and personal expenses.
Application due date: May 29
How to apply: See next section
HOW TO APPLY
1. Make sure you're eligible
To be eligible you must:
- be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university. Recent college graduates who received an undergraduate degree within the last 12 months are also eligible.
- be able to work the entire 8-week internship period without interruption. Interns are not allowed to terminate the internship early without prior approval by the Intern Coordinator.
- pass a background check and drug screening before starting work. Criminal record, educational status, and employment history will be verified
2. Fill out application
Applications are accepted through May 29.
3. Submit application
The application packet should include the following:
Please submit a resume that accurately reflects your work experience (paid and unpaid, including volunteer work) and any school or community activities that you would like us to know about. Include the name of all organizations, the title of your position, and the dates of participation.
- Cover letter
The letter should explain why you want to be a HFC intern, how your classes and experiences have prepared you for the internship and what you hope to gain from the experience.
The application packet should be emailed to HFJOBAPPLICATIONS@houstonfirst.com
OR addressed to:
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.